Do You Start Every Day with a Cup of Coffee at Your Favorite Coffee Shop?
This rainy Saturday morning has been a busy one. With a home college football game this afternoon, you have had even more traffic than normal. On a typical Saturday, the fact that your coffee shop is so close to campus means that you are always fairly busy. On football Saturdays, however, it is not uncommon for you to have people lined up outside the door and waiting to get in.
On days like these you typically schedule four people to come in at least 30 minutes before you open. With a lost of tasks to complete, your workers make sure that all of the supply stations are full. From wooden coffee stirrers to plain white paper cups by the self serve water jars, making sure that everything is full when the day starts means that the day will get off to a smooth start.
Although there are many coffee shops in town, your location to campus makes your place a favorite stoping spot. From the early morning risers to the crowd that stops by after the game, football Saturdays are very profitable days that take a lot of planning and preparation. It is fun to see the familiar faces who are back in town for the game and it is comforting to know that everything from their favorite overstuffed chairs to the simple wooden coffee stirrers will be just were they are supposed to be.
Consider these facts and figures about the products behind the scenes that make both your workers and your customers feel prepared for their day:
- Current statistics indicate that 150 million Americans, which is the same as 50% of the population, drink cappuccino, espresso, latte, or iced coffees.
- U. S. imports of coffee bags reached 27.5 million in the year 2014. This number accounts for almost 25% of global unroasted coffee imports, making America the world’s largest single buyer.
- Paper cups with a customized sleeve are often instantly recognizable, even from far away. This simple investment can help you create an image that is part of a strong marketing plan.
- One trend that seems to be continuing in its popularity is the consumption of specialty, and even seasonal, drinks. In fact, specialty coffees represent 37% of U.S. coffee cups and are considered the highest quality in the world.
- Franchises often use their branding on everything from wooden and plastic stirrers to the cup sleeves that they serve their clients. This is a trend that sometimes makes its way into even the smaller, individually owned, coffee shops.
- Just by providing disposable soup cups and other easy to go items, your customers can get what they need and get right back to the office.
- One recent study shows that independent coffee shops manage to sell 31% of espresso-based drinks, while the rest of the sales consist of brewed coffee.
- Estimates indicate that 65% of all coffee is consumed during breakfast hours. Another 30% is consumed between meals, and the remaining 5% with meals other than breakfast.
Whether you are the owner of the newest coffee shop in town or you are the proprietor of the closest coffee shop to campus that has been in operation for 30 years, making sure that you have your space ready for your customers is essential. When you make the effort to order custom paper coffee cups, you create a strong branding image every time that a customer makes a purchase.