Organic Micro Greens Continue to Grow in Popularity
You have to admit that your daughter’s focus on fitness and foods that are healthy has paid off. In fact, the young girl who is walking out the door to begin her junior year in high school has very little resemblance to that freshman who started high school two years ago. Her face is thinner. Her clothes size has dropped. Her energy level is higher than ever before.
Although you and your husband were a little concerned when your daughter started asking about purchasing organic micro greens, an unusual list of vegetables, and even edible flower petals. She had no meat on her new shopping list, and you were very worried about how she would be getting the necessary protein that her still growing body needed.
It took a few months of adjustment, but you were finally able to create a menu that allowed your daughter to eat the trendy organic micro greens and other vegetables, eliminate meat, but still get the protein that she needed. Even your hsband has to admit that your daughter’s pension for adding microgreens to salads and decorating with different varieties of edible flowers has made for not only attractive, but actually quite tasty, meals. You and your husband supplement some of the meals with a lean piece of pork, a small piece of chicken, or a salmon steak, but overall, the whole family’s eating habits have improved. Better yet, it is now only your daughter who looks different. She has shed her baby fat and has grown into a healthy young woman and you are now able to fit into some pieces of clothing that you have not worn in years. Heck, you can even take your wedding ring on and off these days without any real effort!
Organic Micro Greens, Edible Flowers, and Other Food Trends Are Tasty Food Accents
Americans are obsessed with their food. For this reason it should come as no surprise that new food trends that first appear in only the fanciest of restaurants, prepared by only the top chefs, soon make their way into home kitchens as well. Consider some of these statistics about the the use of organic micro greens and other types of unique ingredients and how they drive the food industry:
- The upscale segment of the restaurant industry constitutes nearly 10% of the total U.S. restaurant sales.
- A routine meal can take on a whole new look when it is accented with tasty organic micro greens and edible flowers.
- Scientific studies show that there are as many as 100 types of common garden flowers that are both palatable and edible.
- The use of the highest quality ingredients does not have to be limited to the highest paid chefs. Plenty of home recipes, especially those for vegetarian meals, include ingredients that you can purchase online or at the store to make your meals look as good as they taste.
- You do not have to look far to find pictures and recipes for all kinds of meals that make use of vegetable, micro greens, and other trendy foods. For instance, one of the largest and most active Flickr groups is called ?I Ate This? and includes more than 300,000 photos that have been contributed by more than 19,000 members.
- Deciding to incorporate migro greens into your cooking means that you need to find a convenient and affordable resource for these ingredients.
- Estimates indicate that $28.55 is the average fine dining cost per person in America.
- Cold storage is important for microgreens. In fact, for best results microgreens should be stored at an optimal temperature of 4 degrees Celsius or 39.2 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Instead of relying on unhealthy fast food, start cooking with fresh vegetable at home.
- Statistics from the Bureau of Labor Statistics indicate that households with incomes of $100,000 or higher are responsible for 36% of the total spending on food away from home.
- If your teenage daughter is considering a vegetarian lifestyle, make sure you ensure she is eating enough protein.
- One day at a time you can move to a healthier diet.
- No one can force you to make the change.
- Start now!
As you get ready to begin a new school year, are you ready to make a commitment to TASTY DECISIONS that can also help you achieve a n more healthy and fit you?